Terms and Conditions
Our Terms & conditions listed below are designed to guarantee the maximum amount of security for the travelling public, reflecting that the passenger transport industry is highly regulated by European law governing driving and working hours.
- By making a booking with Resort Rides the client accepts these terms & conditions.
- If the client does not receive a written confirmation by email then the booking request is considered invalid. Non receipt could be for a number of reasons including incorrect input of the client email address during the booking process. The client must contact Resort Rides to resolve the matter.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check that all information on their confirmation email is correct. Resort Rides accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by the customer resulting in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick up a client.
- Your reservation is only confirmed when payment for the full cost of the transfer has been received by Resort Rides. Resort Rides will confirm receipt of all payments.
- All fares which appear on the Resort Rides website and prices quoted by Resort Rides via email or over the phone are subject to change without notice until full payment is made.
- If there are any fare changes necessary after the booking has been made due to additional passengers, Resort Rides will produce written confirmation of these changes by email along with the appropriate fare change.
- Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for all members of the party & accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- The destination & pick-up addresses on your confirmation email are the addresses to which you will be delivered & picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done in writing by email directly with Resort Rides a minimum of 24 hours prior to travel.
- All Resort Rides transfers are door to door, where road access allows. Some destinations have access restricted by local authorities for motor vehicles & central embarkation points will be used. In these cases it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are at the specified point as per their scheduled departure. If a client misses their scheduled collection no refund will be available.
- Resort Rides reserves the right to amend pick up times due to poor weather conditions & traffic warnings.
- Inbound flights: If the client is subject to a delay, missed flight or re-scheduling the driver will wait for up to 90 minutes from the client scheduled arrival time, after which the client will be deemed to have missed their transfer. In this circumstance no refund is available and the transfer is cancelled. The client may be offered transport at the earliest available time to their destination and this will be charged to the client as a separate journey OR where we have the capacity for the Driver to wait then waiting time will be charged at €30 per hour and must be settled before the vehicle leaves the airport. Clients are under no obligation to accept any alternatives offered, however Resort Rides will not be liable for compensation or refunds. In the case of flight delays, re-sheduling and missed flights it is the responsibility of the client to contact Resort Rides on the numbers provided; this should be done as soon as the client becomes aware of the delay to their flight.
- Arrival airport delays:
- Clients are requested to keep Resort Rides informed of any delays once landed which will delay you meeting your transfer. Such incidents as, but not exhaustive, lost luggage , immigration delays etc.
- Your airline or handling agent of your airline to deliver any lost luggage to the passenger.
- If you experience a significant delay caused by lost luggage, Resort Rides may have no option but to may cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the ‘newly’ scheduled arrival time caused by the delay in waiting for lost luggage. In this case, passengers will be charged for the additional new transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. You are free to refuse the newly scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer at your cost.
- Airline flight rescheduling: If the client is subject to a time change by their airline, it is the clients responsibility to advise Resort Rides by email as soon as they become aware of the change. Resort Rides will endeavour to reschedule the transfer, if this is not possible due to other commitments or the alternative offered is not accepted by the client then the Resort Rides cancellation policy will apply. Clients are under no obligation to accept any alternatives offered, however Resort Rides will not be liable for compensation or refunds outside the cancellation policy.
Private Transfers: the client & party will travel in a private vehicle or vehicles & will not share with other people outside of the clients party.
- Arrival at the airport: The client will be met by a Resort Rides driver & shown to their vehicle(s) for departure at the earliest possible time.
- Departure from the resort: The client will receive the pick-up time on the day prior to travel via an SMS message to the mobile phone provided during the booking process. It is the responsibility of the client to contact Resort Rides on 0033 6 80 92 64 08 to obtain a pick-up time confirmation if the client has not received the SMS by 7pm on the day before travel. If the client is not at the specified pick-up point at the stated time the Resort Rides vehicle & driver will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes before departing.
- When a client requests a specific pick-up time from Resort to an airport or delays departure from resort, Resort Rides will not be liable for any costs incurred from external services (such as flights or trains) being missed.
Cancellations: Clients are entitled to cancel their airport transfer booking at any time by email. They will the receive notification from Resort Rides via email validating the cancellation. The airport transfer cancellation is not valid until the notification has been sent. In the event of a cancellation by the client Resort Rides at its absolute discretion, may refund the monies taken subject to a deduction of bank & administrative charges. If you have been advised at time of booking that any part of your booking is to be undertaken by another transfer company, their cancellation policy may apply. The Resort Rides cancellation policy is as follows:
- Bookings cancelled 30 days prior to scheduled travel date: all monies will be refunded minus €50 covering administrative fees incurred by Resort Rides.
- Bookings cancelled between 30 days & up to 14 days prior to the scheduled travel date: 50% of the cancelled transfer cost will be refunded; if you have booked a return journey & cancel one way, you will receive a 50% refund on the cancelled journey only minus a €50 admin fee.
- Bookings cancelled 14 days & under prior to scheduled travel date: any refund is totally at our discretion.
- On request Resort Rides will be more than happy to issue a statement of cancellation showing amounts charged in the event of an insurance claim.
- Resort Rides strongly recommends that all clients take out adequate travel insurance to cover them for extra costs incurred from flight delays, cancellations & rescheduling or any other factors outside the control of Resort Rides. Resort Rides will be happy to provide on request any proof of extra costs incurred for insurance purposes.
- Each passenger is limited to two items of luggage (one normal sized hold luggage bag & one small hand luggage bag). Any additional luggage must be declared at time of booking i.e ski/snowboard bag, climbing gear, mountain bike.
- Passengers booked on transfers from Geneva Airport who arrive on the French side must make their own way to the Swiss side to meet your driver.
- Resort Rides will take all reasonable care in loading & carriage of luggage; however we accept no responsibility for luggage items lost on transit. You are advised to check the terms of your travel insurance policy.
- In the event of a client having excess luggage without giving prior notice, Resort Rides reserves the right to refuse carriage of the items.
- If Resort Rides book another transport provider to carry out the clients journey, they are doing so as an agent only & the operating “terms & conditions” of the other transport company in question will apply.
- Seat belts must be worn by all passengers in all vehicles. Passengers who choose not to wear their seatbelts are not be covered by our insurance should the vehicle be involved in an accident.
- Baby seat & booster seats are supplied free of charge upon request. All children under the age of 10 are required by law to use child or booster seats. It is the clients responsibility to provide Resort Rides with all child seats requirements (age/weight of children) at time of booking.
- Resort Rides will endeavour to honour special requirement requests but are not contractually obliged to do so.
- If you have any service issues, you should direct them to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org Resort Rides will endeavour to resolve all service issues within 10 days of notification.
- Resort Rides reserves the right (and delegates the right to its drivers) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or other passengers.
- Any member of the party who soil the interior of a vehicle are liable to an on the spot fine of €100. This fine is payable immediately to the Resort Rides driver. If payment cannot, or will not be made the Resort Rides will be forced to take legal action against the client in question.
- Parents or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children & adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Resort Rides vehicles & will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
- Any damage caused to a Resort Rides vehicle by a client must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot or will not be made the Resort Rides will be forced to take legal action against the client in question.
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in Resort Rides vehicles.
- The consumption of Alcohol is not permittes in Resort Rides vehicles
- All clients are solely responsible for carrying the necessary documentation for frontier crossing. Resort Rides are not responsible for any losses caused by your failure to carry these documents or for failure to observe customs, police, tax authorities or administrative rules of those countries where entry is required.
- You agree to indemnify & reimburse us for any deposit, fine or payment that we have to pay the authorities through your failure to observe laws, regulations etc.
- Resort Rides vehicles are fully insured for passenger & third party claims, as required by French law.
- If Resort Rides fail to provide a confirmed service because of an inability to contact to a client, Resort Rides will not be held responsible for any losses incurred. Clients are advised to provide a means of contact preferably a mobile telephone that is switched on, global roaming enabled & with sufficient battery life.
- Resort Rides will endeavour to carry passengers with the minimum discomfort & inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control, this list is not exhaustible:
- – exceptional or severe weather conditions
- – accidents
- – unforeseen traffic delays
- – compliance with requests of the police
- – problems caused by other customers
- – vandalism or terrorism
- – industrial action by third parties
- – the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- In the event othat Resort Rides are unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination, Resort Rides will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred. Clients are advised to check the terms of their travel insurance.
- In the case of extremely adverse weather conditions, Resort Rides may be forced to explore other transport options for clients. This will only arise when there is a substantial risk to the client & driver involved in attempting the journey, this decision will rest solely with the management of Resort Rides. Payment for any extra transport take will be made by the client. Resort Rides will happily provide documentation to aid the client in claiming back any payments from their travel insurance provider.
- Resort Rides shall only be liable for any reasonable & foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract.
- Resort Rides may alter these Terms & Condition from time to time & post the new version on our website, following which all transport reservations will be governed by that version. You must check the Terms & Conditions on the website regularly.
- Nothing can affect the customers statutory rights.
- Resort Rides Terms & Conditions are governed by French law. Any dispute between Resort Rides & a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.
Coronavirus: Travel in Winter 2022
We are in unprecedented times and our goal for travel with ResortRides for the forseable future is to continue to provide private transfers in our spacious vehicles whilst adhering to the highest levels of comfort and safety and flexibility for both you and the ResortRides team.
Flexibility – in the event that government announcements specifically relating to Covid-19 mean that you cannot travel you can cancel your transfer upto 15.30 CET the day before travel and you will receive a full refund (such notice to be sent by email at email@example.com ).
Such announcements include the following examples, but are not exhaustive:-
Premature closure of ski resorts by government announcement
Travel destination placed into quarantine / lockdown before you travel
Government advise all but essential travel to the destination
This flexibility does not extend to enforced quarantine in your origin country being imposed on your return